What is Mold Remediation?
Mold Remediation services remove the toxins and eradicate the contaminated areas to ensure a proper healthy environment and safeguard structure.
Mold growth, which often looks like spots, can be many different colors and can smell musty. If you can see or smell mold, a health risk may be present. No matter what type of mold is present, you should get it removed by a professional. We can handle all types of mold damage cleanup from the smallest of corners to the widespread of basement mold cleanup and removal. We know you could choose any mold removal companies, so thank you for choosing Ultra Clean!
Know Your Mold For Easier Mold Cleanup
Mold is usually a fungus. There are in excess of 100, 000 known varieties connected with mold. Molds can certainly survive the cold and warm temperatures. Large spore levels inside the air may have long-lasting side effects on individuals. Overexposure can cause breathing problems, along with allergic reactions. Damaged properties promote mold growth and are more common with attic and basement mold damage.
Mold is found both indoors and outdoors. Mold can enter your home through open doorways, windows, vents, and heating and air conditioning systems. Mold in the air outside can also attach itself to clothing, shoes, bags, and pets can and be carried indoors.
Mold will grow in places with a lot of moisture, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes. Mold grows well on paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, and wood products. Mold can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery. If you are in need of Fridley mold cleanup, contact us today!
Know What Toxic Mold Is Before Handling Mold Removal
Technically speaking, there is no such thing as toxic mold. A few forms of mold are called “toxigenic,” meaning that under certain conditions they can produce small molecular toxins, called “mycotoxins.” These mycotoxins are usually spread by way of the mold’s spores and may be the cause of potentially serious health problems if ingested in sufficient quantities over time.
Two of the best-known examples of so-called “toxic mold” include:
- Stachybotrys chartarum, popularly known as “black mold,” this toxigenic mold is a greenish-black fungus that requires a moist environment in which to grow and is most commonly found in damaged buildings. The mycotoxins produced by Stachybotrys chartarum are potent, but there is some evidence that only a few strains of Stachybotrys chartarum are toxigenic, indicating that this particular type of “toxic mold” may be quite rare.
- Aspergillus is a family of molds, and only some Aspergillus molds are toxigenic. The mycotoxins produced by toxigenic strains of Aspergillus are less potent than Stachybotrys chartarum mycotoxins, but infestations of Aspergillus mold are probably far more common. Aspergillus may be found in any of the mold-friendly environments discussed above.
Both mold types are dangerous to try removing on your own, so call Ultra Clean so we can handle your mold damage removal and keep you and your loved ones safe. We offer mold inspections so you can know what exactly you are dealing with. If you believe you have toxic mold, let us handle all your Fridley mold removal.
Call Us 24/7 At 612-601-0709
The Do’s and Dont’s of Mold Damage
- DON’T place fans on mold thinking it will go away. When you blow air onto a mold infested area it will disperse tiny spores into the air spreading the problem to a larger area.
- DON’T merely try to kill the mold. Dead mold spores can be just as harmful to humans as living mold spores.
- DON’T spray bleach or any other chemical on the mold and assume the problem is solved. Bleach and other chemicals may kill mold but it still needs to be safely removed.
- DON’T assume you are immune from the effects of mold. Some people are immediately affected and some notice little or no short-term effect. Long-term exposure is linked to several serious health issues.
- DO wear a respirator with filtration cartridges gloves and a hazmat suit.
- DO put up containment with plastic sheeting to avoid the spread of spores.
- DO use a HEPA vacuum and negative air pressure to ventilate and filter the air in the space.
- DO call a certified mold professional if visible signs of mold cover more than 10 square feet.
Visual Mold Inspections
We are mold damage contractors and mold inspectors that work quickly and professionally so the damage doesn’t spread and is handled correctly the first time. There are no better Fridley mold damage companies as we set the bar for excellence.
Call Us 24/7 At 612-601-0709
More About Fridley MN
In 1949, the Fridley Township was incorporated as the Village of Fridley. The Fridley Free Press was also established. A lawsuit that challenged the incorporation of the village caused the funds to be frozen. Minnesota state law allowed cities to operate municipal liquor stores following the end of Prohibition. The Fridley Liquor store proceeds were the primary funding for the daily city operations until the lawsuit was resolved in 1950. In Minnesota, there are both private liquor stores or city-owned municipal liquor stores. Fridley is the location of the headquarters of the Minnesota Municipal Beverage Association, a lobbying coalition for municipalities with city-owned liquor stores. In conjunction with the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association, they lobbied against Sunday liquor store sales in Minnesota until it was finally permitted in 2017.
Fridley is home to attractions such as the Sand Dunes Natural History Area.
Providing mold damage services throughout Fridley MN including 55432.