The site which is now Champlin was first settled by immigrants in 1844. By the mid-1850s Champlin had grown to include a school, a store and a flour mill. In 1856, C. C. Andrews described Champlin as a “large and handsome village” and noted that pine logs were floated down the Rum River to sawmills there. The city was formally incorporated in 1878. The name Champlin was derived from two Indian words. The native Dakota used A-NO-KA-TAN-HAN, meaning “on both sides”, or “from both sides”, referring to its location on the banks of the Rum River. The native Ojibwa used ON-O-KAY, meaning “working waters”.

Champlin is home to attractions such as the Champlin Technical College.

Providing services throughout Champlin MN including 55303.